Sunday, November 20, 2011

The 12th a Disappointment. The 13th, race to the bakery!

Saturday, the 12th, was spent shopping. I was really hoping to find a pair of boots that could be worn during rainy weather. I found nothing I was willing to spend money on that fit me. I was pretty upset and would have felt the day was wasted if it weren’t for Jil finding a cute cloak to buy. At least one of us found something worthwhile. ^^

We had spent the entire day looking in Shinjuku and Shibuya, so we were rather tired upon the return home. Unfortunately, we had to go out yet again, this time for food shopping. That’s all I’ve really got for Saturday. I thought more happened, but I don’t find it all very interesting now that I think about it.

Sunday was a race to the bakery inside the Ikebukuro train station. I was up too late on chat the night before and somehow got into an argument with Duke about whether or not he should get me anything at the bakery on his way to the dorm. I knew reasoning with him was useless, but I was tired and also being unreasonable at the time, so we decided to see who would get there first. If I won, I would buy my own food, making it pointless for him to buy me anything.

I was scheduled to be there at 8am because he thought he’d get there at about 8:30. Well, I’ll be honest. I was late by about 20 minutes, but I was still there first. XD I had brought my kanji book with me to study while waiting for the slowpoke. I got something to eat, and sat down in a booth. Once finished eating, I attempted to focus on studying. I use the word “attempt” because the classical music playing in the background was literally putting me to sleep.

So I decided to walk around and look for a restroom. I found a map of the station, but the only restroom listed was the one that costs 100yen to use. I didn’t care, so off I went to said restroom. It was on the way back to the dorm anyway, so I figured I’d see Duke on the way if he showed up. So the restroom was pretty nice, but it was kind of creepy at the same time. I will say it was worth it solely for the fact that I was actually able to wash my hands with hot water. Once finished, I started to head back toward the bakery, stopping by the ticket gates for the Fukutoshin line to see if the punk might be just arriving. Nope. Wasn’t at the bakery either, so I figured I’d just head back to the dorm. I couldn’t remember what I did with the receipt from the bakery, so I was basically giving up the win if I made it home before running into Duke. I didn’t care anymore though. I had to get back to the dorm in time to talk to the cousin like I promised. ^^ Because I hate being late. X.x

On said way home, he who should not be named did catch up to me, apologizing like crazy. My initial plan was just to ignore him, but I decided to instead agree with him that he was a bad person. XP As we passed the vending machine with regular Pepsi, he, as usual, bought me one. The start of his penance, so I didn’t try to stop him that time, ha. Turns out, though, he really was planning to be there first. However, when he got up, he supposedly thought it best to let me win. He passed out again and didn’t get up until pretty late. I explained that a race is a race, and I didn’t want to be handed a win. I think he has noted that. And yes, I realize I’ve spent entirely too much space talking about this, but it was entertaining to write, so make fun of me all you want.

Back to the dorm we went to hang out in the lounge, and for the Canadian to watch his hockey. I brought my computer to chat with the cousin. Said Canadian was very nosy, reading some of the conversation, mostly just the part where I was ranting about how he’s an idiot. XD Then he decided to send her an email in an attempt to defend himself. He got the address from her Yahoo IM name, I’m sure. Punk. Cousin asked me if it was okay to respond back! Haha, that I found funny. I told her it was fine, that he was just a punk. He has since been dubbed “the Canadian punk”.

Before long, the whole group was in the lounge, and there were laptops everywhere. I remember a lot of playing around on computers and just chilling that day. We were supposed to study, but we all have a tendency to get distracted by the internet. Good times indeed. We went out to get lunch at some point, and on the way the group was stopped by this silly old man who wanted to chat. Duke and I were far enough ahead that we escaped. Muahahaha. We stood on the side of the street, watching them until a car wanted the spot where we were standing. I was yanked out of the way by Duke, and we continued walking toward our destination. Duke explained that this old man has stopped him and the other guys to talk before. He just keeps forgetting that he’s spoken to them already.

Lunch was McDonalds for me. XD Duke and Jess got McDonalds too. I think the others got food from the bakery near there (different from the bakery in the train station). I must’ve looked super hungry because Duke kept shoving fries at me while we waited for those at the bakery to finish. Fries are so amazing. XD We returned to the lounge with our spoils and watched another episode of HunterxHunter if I remember correctly. Then it was back to pretending to study for all of us terrible students. I glanced at my benkyou nooto (basically my HW book, if I haven’t already explained that), but quickly became sleepy looking at it. I tried to nap a little, eventually giving that up for drawing. I drew on the back cover of said HW book, because I wanted a picture that was better than the one on the front cover. I ended up drawing Jil, Duke, Jess, and me. I have since inked it, but I am now in the process of adding more people in the background. The guys don’t look at allllllll like their real life counterparts. Whoops.

At the time, I refused to show anyone. I had to finish drawing and inking it first, so I told them to wait until the next day at school to see it. I stayed up pretty late working on it, but it was so worth it. XD

That was the weekend before the midterm! The post (posts?) about the week are sure to be just as fun! And if I remember anything interesting on Saturday that I missed here, I'll add it later.

1 comment:

  1. It's my job to give you fries damn it! And speaking of fries, you still owe me like 100 bucks worth of fries from high school. I've decided to charge interest, hence the slightly inflated amount. Although if I go by my new and entirely inaccurate exaggeration scale, it's really like 350,000 dollars. I accept time payments, just FYI.

    ReplyDelete