Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Weekenders: VII Sense Live and Room Cleaning

Oh, the Weekenders. I miss that cartoon. Anywhooooo... Saturday morning, right. I passed out close to 6am. Jess woke me up with a knock on my door at 10am to see if we were doing breakfast, I think. I sluggishly opened the door, and she probably looked at me like "the heck is wrong with you?" See, Jess didn't know we went to all night karaoke. She was annoyed at me the night before (for good reason), and I was afraid to even talk to her at the time because I am by nature a coward. So when I explained why I was still sleeping, she got a little more mad at me. :( I swore to bring her the next time to make up for it.

Jess did give me a strange look about my clothing. I was still wearing that red hoodie, which wasn't mine, because I had been too exhausted to take it off before collapsing onto my bed that morning. Again, an explanation was in order. I told her it was borrowed thanks to the ungodly cold weather at 5am. She figured as much, but laughed and told me something interesting. Apparently some teachers are getting the wrong idea about me and Duke. Michiko-san even asked Jess if we were going out. I about died of laughter to hear that; the thought of Michiko-san asking such a question is priceless. Jess also giggled and admitted that had she not known me, she would have jumped to the same conclusion. Clearly, if a girl and guy talk a lot and laugh a lot together, it means they are seeing each other. My comeback was, were he a girl, such conclusions would never be made. In any case, it's become the new joke among our group.

So Jess and I patched things up and had a laugh. I also did some laundry. Then, after chatting online with the cousin for awhile, I decided to attempt to study for my kanji test on Monday. Failure of epic proportions. I was falling asleep in the common room, so I marched back upstairs to pass out yet again. I set an alarm to go off in an hour, but when it did, I reset it for a half hour later and slept some more. In the end, I turned what was supposed to be a 1hour nap into a 2hour nap. Mmmm, naps. Best time of the day. Back on topic... I got up finally and hopped online to chat while I updated the blog. It wasn't long before Jil was up, and it was time to head to the live.

This time only Jil and I went to the live concert, as there was a misunderstanding about whether Jess wanted to come, so only two tickets had been reserved. We agreed to meet Alex at the Ikebukuro station. Again, she was late. I believe she had trouble finding our set of exits from the station. Once she found us, we ran out the closest exit and got a cab. The destination was super close, but we didn't know that part of town, and according to Alex, we had no time. The cost was mostly paid by Alex and her other friend who came with us. I mean, it wasn't much, but meh.

We arrived early, thankfully. The band before VII Sense was still playing, and they were pretty funny. Dressed up for Halloween, and acting like a bunch of jokers, I feel they were more about being showy and amusing the crowd than anything else. Worked for me. XD The dances the girls did for their songs were just as entertaining as the ones for VII Sense too. My fave was the one where everyone ran from one side of the room to the other, then back again. XD Also, there were two female backup dancers wearing large bunny-head-things. Terrifying. Made me think of Animal Crossing gone wrong. Don't ask. Melanie knoooooowwwwws.

Soon enough, they were finished, and we got to move closer to the stage as some people left. I stood at the right end of the group to see RayX better, whereas Jil stood to the left to see her fave guitar player. It was a blast, just as before, with a couple different songs, I believe. We tried to get more into the bizarre dance moves this time around, heh. And when everyone in the crowd cooed at Shaura, I myself cheered in a high-pitched, Japanese school girl sounding voice, "RaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayX!" Just to spite them. Heh. Jil could hear me, so I think that means I was loud enough. Alex kept giggling at me, and pointing out whenever RayX was up front, as if I didn't know. He's my fave member, so I basically stared at him the whole time. I think Alex thinks I have a serious crush on the guy. Nah, I just admire his guitar skills and pretty face. X3

Loved the live, but at the end, a microphone fell. It was bad. The feedback was blaring for almost a full minute as the band members left the stage, and the curtain was pulled. I had a ringing in my ears until Monday. So bad. All better now though. After the live, we went to eat at an inexpensive Italian place. I have found my "comfort food" pasta. Thank the LORD! My fave meal, and this place makes it well. Also, unlimited beverages for a small price. Sweet! I shall have to return there from time to time. While we were there, some weirdo guy came up to us and asked if he took take a pic for his friend. Alex said she and her friend couldn't because they were models, whereas Jil and I kind of pretended not to understand him. Creepy vibe, really.

We finished up and parted ways inside the station. A chatty walk home with Jil, and a few flights of stairs later led me to pass out on my bed. Hooray! Don't remember what time I woke up Sunday, just that we ate, went shopping, and cleaned our rooms. We bought Scrubbing Bubbles! XD Yes, they have that here. And I'm so happy about it. Super clean bathroom time, it was. Other than clean for the room check on Monday, I mostly sat around all day online and updating my blog. Boring day, I know.

That's all for this post. Gotta type out the week now. XD

2 comments:

  1. Being a creeper and commenting again, but that's because Saturday was such a good day. The band that played before VII-Sense was Somatic Guardian. I still need to figure out what that ridiculous song they were playing was, though XD

    Enjoying your storytelling! :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww man! Did they have all their limbs attached? Please say yes. Yay for Italian food too. ^_^

    ReplyDelete